Wednesday 18 June 2008

Not just crisps......


Things that irk me more than they should part 67: Over designed crisps.

Now call me boring (you're boring) but I’m not sure the world needs anymore flavours of crisp other than say salt flavour. I’m prepared to reach an agreement over say vinegar, Worcester sauce and maybe marmite but thus far and no further.
I’m not big on beef and pickle onion is just weird. And as for the modern trend of honey smoked ham with broad beans and kumquat pringles Bleurrgh!

Now I’ve discerning palette, sorry let me rephrase that I’ve eaten a lot of food but I think even my Jill Gooden like taste buds would be challenged by some M&S flavours I saw today “Red Onion & four cheese crisps”.

This is clearly bo**ocks no one alive can pick out four different flavours of cheese on a bleeding crisp and as for tasting the colour of onion isn’t that some kind wonky neural syndrome; "The man who tasted colours".
And don’t start me on diamond scented fabric conditioner….
Stop it now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those peanut flavour ones you get in France are nice though.

BLTP said...

anon: I thought it was paprika or salt all the way once you left Dover tender embrace! Do they do crisp flavoured peanuts?