Friday 30 May 2008

what the F%&K !!

Stuff I just don't get part 34

I’ve always found lots of things other people like confusing, I worry I just don’t get stuff a lot people do, you know like putting mayonnaise in every sandwich, or wearing nothing but denim, or watching Eastenders for pleasure, or the English patient, or the Eden project, I could go on but the most perplexing one is people who don’t like music.

Picture the scene I was on the way home listening to the radio (I need to refresh the songs on my phone) it’s Chris Evan’s request show and this woman rings in, she seems nice has a friendly chat about her weekend and then after hanging on the line waiting to get through for 20mins(?) (plus all the times before when she was unsuccessful) she has a moment in the sun, a time to share, how is she going to make our lives better, it’s a sunny evening she could really improve our day with some great pop gem. But no out of all the songs ever made, the song that says most about her life that she wants to be identified with at least for short while is:

“I cocking almost bastard died in your bleeding arms last kill me now night” by the Cutting “deaths to good for them” Crew. For those who want to sap your will further go here but please don’t


I don’t think Mrs Tone deaf from Rugby is a bad person she’s probably far nicer than me that’s for sure but how can that be your favourite song, she simply can’t like music.

Look she could have chosen this.



Or got the pulse racing with this


or moved us with this



Or something marvellously weird like this



This is even new and I can’t stop playing it, it’s ace and sounds a bit like the Mondays


This would have brought some serenity to us all


or she could have just not bothered and just asked us to turn of the radio sets and listen to the sound of silence



Like I say I’m sure it’s me who’s the weirdo but them normal folk are just plain weird?

3 comments:

It's The Gardening Lady said...

Wonderfully eclectic selection - especially the Johnny Cash & Paul Revere & co. More eclecticness please - or should I stop reading ranting teacher blogs and start looking for music on the net myself? Probably...

Anonymous said...

Hear hear! Mayo is the Devil's jism. As a veggie it can be tough to find sandwiches in shops which are not congelaed with the evil muck.

ally. said...

they're all out there all the time wierding about the place not being bothered by stuff. very strange.
x