Sunday 15 November 2009

We are a Godfather....

he gave me grin I couldn't refuse....

I'm the proud uncle to a small sports team of exciting, funny, daft and delightful children (some increasingly not so small) and I am also godfather to a few of them. This being said I was very proud and touched to be asked by R & E to be godfather to little A (he has a marvelously Victorian name). To this end I wandered along to Stokey for the Baptism today. It was gloriously sunny watching the personal trainers drag their reluctant wards round Clissold park amongst the damp leaves. Along Church st worshippers were scurrying under the blue sky blown clean by yesterday's winds.

The service was good too we not only saw the handmaids of god but also the hand towel and the hand gel too! After that it was tea in the park followed by pizza and photos.

Anyway not sure I have much advice for A other than general notes about  the consumption of yellow snow, and to try to avoid owning a tray purse.

But I went past Bunhill on the way to the church this morning so here's what our William (Blake that is) has to say on the subject .

And flowers and trees and beasts and men receive
Comfort in morning, joy in the noonday.
And we are put on earth a little space,
That we may learn to bear the beams of love .

Lastly it's a new week so everyone take care so we can all meet up again this time next Sunday and  why not keep a special eye on any little one's you know like A even the if they don't have as wonderful cheeky grins and smiling eyes!

No comments: