Wednesday 9 April 2008

Keep young and beautiful


Enrique badia "Romero"

It’s spring time to get in shape ready for the beach this summer so you can imagine my delight at finding this book, my kind of exercise plan indeed.



The book is really marvellous the artist is Romero, here he is in all his 77 year old pipe smoking glory, you’d be foolish to allow your young niece to tarry in his Barcelona love nest to long as you can see. His work shows him to be a lover of a firm shapely *cough* ankle. You’ll know him probably from his work on the 70’s Modesty Blaise strips is the Daily Express.

The strips in the book are gloriously the wrong side of pc and I’ll post a few over the next wee while, we wouldn’t want you all ending as flabby, un-toned and unable to attract Mr or Mrs right…. and look he can draw other stuff there's a fish in this picture.

Ps. I’m a bit torn the books ace and cost nowt but seems to go for stacks on eBay gum; I’m torn do I fill up my new bookcase or flog it to buy stacks more tat, if I do I'll bung the Age Concern some cash (if only to purge my soul from spending too long looking at page 73!)

1 comment:

Mondo said...

Oh yes - love those Modesty Blaise strips, I used to have great hardback book of similar stuff on a vampire theme years ago - but swapped it for something daft.

I do remember it was published by New English Libary if you ever happen to see something similar on Ebay