Sunday 28 March 2010

lemon sponge pudding


lemon sponge pudding
Originally uploaded by bltphoto
Went for awalk this afternoon in the unexpected sunshine trapped some of the sun in this pud.

Serves 4-5
Ingredients:
1 ½ lemons , zested and juiced
100g sugar
2 eggs
100g butter , plus extra for the bowl
100g self-raising flour ( I used plain with 1 tsp of baking powder)
4 tbsp lemon curd home made by my Dad!
To serve: custard or cream

method:
1.Butter pudding bowl. I put 4 slices of lemon in bottom which sort of worked
2.Whizz the butter, sugar and lemon zest in a food processor until pale and fluffy.
3.Mix in the eggs one by one.
4.Add the flour and pulse until incorporated.
5.I added half the lemon juice right the end thankfully it didn’t split
6.Pour the batter into and cover with a lid or clingfilm and microwave on medium (650w) for 4-6 minutes.
7.Heat the lemon curd the rest of the lemon juice(to taste) in a small pan. Spoon over the top and serve.

3 comments:

Clair said...

I made that for Sunday lunch last week. My fave.

BLTP said...

Yep I'd forgotten how easy and good it is the nicest thing you can make from the corner shop probably.

ally. said...

how do you do it if you've not got a microwave? must...have...pudding...