Monday 15 December 2008

Shoe, shoe, you horrible beast...

Bush whacked!
Top marks to the Iraqi journalist for throwing his shoes at Bush, pricking the bubble even as in this case it's a low wattage type like Bush is always worth a go.

Not sure if these where his actual shoes or he took a pair along special, even so nice move. I thought it was funny that the commentators kept telling us this is a terrible insult in the Islamic world, strange because throwing your shoes at someone is sign of friendship and respect in Britain!

2 comments:

lil said...

Thanks for the warm welcome BLTP.
I may stop by again sometime.

At the risk of offending those who wish to insult someone by Shoe/Slipper slapping, it seems kinda comical to me.
Strange notion that it is a sign of friendship and respect tho!
I’ve not come across that before now…

BPP said...

I can't believe this fella wasn't shot dead on the spot. Were the Secret Service on holiday?