Sunday 10 August 2008

The running, jumping and standing still show



Olympics

A little bit of sport isn’t a bad thing I could do with out the following though:


After someone has been training everyday since 1996 and raced 10’s of miles on her bike in the rain expecting them to say anything more “ I’ve won, ‘kin’ hell I’ve won” is stupid, annoying and totally unenlightening stop it now.

Bland glib Olympic sponsors advert:
Choice ones this time: one for a fancy watch were a little Chinese girl gets lifted up to see into the stadium by her grand dad, I have suspicions in realty some friendly police would arrest them and put them under house arrest at best.

Next is one for a phone, the creatives at the agency having all the sports in the world to choose from decided that the funkiest exciting totally cool thing ever ever is for some poxy DJ in 80’d leather jacket to mix up a funky tune from the sounds of squeaky trainers, cue the crowd goes wild.

Also bugger Damon “I don’t make cheese or want to be MP I’m the other no not him with funny voice you know the singer” Albarn and Tank girl boy why isn’t this the theme tune for every Olympics?

No comments: