Sunday 31 May 2009

pick of the pops


This quarter I have mostly been listening to?
One of the aspects of last fm I like is if I'm honest the geeky stats side.
I find it pleasing to see what I listen to most and also it keeps you honest no more pretending it's free jazz and concrete musique Chez Moi.
Thank fully I've got fantastic if obsessive taste! I listen to most of my digital tunes via my phone and have a little programme called Mobbler that fires them off to Last FM.
Certain tunes get overplayed mainly because I have a playlist called "take me home" which has if not my favourite tunes the ones that help ease me from the pub via the overland to my flat on the occasions when I want blot out people eating chicken ,reading theatre programmes or explaining about some grisly break up loudly on their phones.
There's nothing much to connect them except they sound good as you stare out at the lights of south London's or to the distant towers of canary wharf or as you pretend not to be checking out what the woman opposite is reading.
I would recommend them to you all, you maybe don't have to listen to them like a intense 12 year old like me. But even if you are live in a tiny croft on Mull you might want to put your cheek to the window close you eyes and drift off as if rocked into music land by Southern tunes express (remember to wake up before you get to Shetland though).....

No comments: