Friday 3 April 2009

Happy Birthday


So there you go, it's my Birthday today and I think this is my 800th post which is a nice coincidence.
Anyway love to you all, take care.

I'm off to see some Russian spiky paintings at the TATE and see if Cloughie still wins the European cup on the years Bob Paisley didn't and probably have pint or two of pride.
If you want something fun to do today why no see how many great tunes you can play but only on coloured vinyl.
Managed 4 already.
squeeze, the undertones, spritualized, madness.
And to show willing (even though I've never understood why it's the way round it is) consider the following my virtual cakes in the office thing! I suppose if it was cake in would be faintly biblical in flavour something made with almonds and honey and perhaps a hint of Saffron. Sorry if it's a bit obvious but sometimes the best things are right under your noes.

Turn! Turn! Turn!: The Byrds


Noon update:the ever generous Mr Mondo sends proof that the 70's weren't brown or even black with this top vivid vinyl as always Pm good work fella. nice turntable mate makes my rega look a bit plain.

9 comments:

Mondo said...

Happy Birthday BL - have a tear up at the Tate..Coloured vinyl - now there's a challenge. My playlist may contain..

ELO - Purple

The UK Subs - brown, blue, red, clear, orange...

The Plasmatics - red or yellow with blood splats..

Generation X - pink, marbled brown

Mondo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cocktails said...

Happy Birthday BLTP. Now if I'd known that you liked coloured vinyl, I would have bought the coloured Rosanna by Toto that the bloke in the market was trying to flog me the other day. I just know that you would have loved it...

Have a good day. Lucky sod not being at work!

BLTP said...

Thanks both.
Pm. blood flecked vinyl all a bit emo!
CM:
And I thought our rainbow of multi coloured Vinyl was going so well!
Don't work too hard like the queen or something I've offically declared today poets day!
take care and thanks as always for popping by

Mondo said...

Here you go The Plasmatics - Butcher Baby and here's the cover I had it on 12" and the follow up Monkey Suit (yellow with blood splats)

Clair said...

Many happy ones - I am lunching at the Tate today so may well bump into you, but without my only piece of coloured vinyl under my arm; ELO's New World Record in see-through red!
x

Mondo said...

Does Square Vinyl count ..
Richard Myhill - It Takes Two To Tango

It's The Gardening Lady said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Wish I could have bought you a pint (or two).
Hope you enjoyed the old big 'ead film. Mixed reactions to it here in Nott'm!

al_uk said...

What about my White Styx album!!!!!