Sunday 12 April 2009

Getting nowhere fast

Not going out

So how’s your Easter Sunday going?
Mines been patchy: tight in the arms of Morpheus this morning there’s a knock at the door, I stumble out and into some clothes to be greeted at 10 to 9 by a grinning evangelist “good morning sir have you heard the love of our lord Jesus”. Now the sort of miss guided fervour that drags bible botherers out of their beds to pester us sinners at officially ungodly hours also seems to rob them of knowledge of Christmas cracker jokes so I was rather pleased to drag up “sorry mate I don’t but if you start humming it I’ll join when I get the tune!” Anyway I forgo a hot cross bun for breakfast that’ll teach Jehovah and all his sleep disturbing followers no sacrifice of spicy buns in this house.

The only piece of evangelism I’m up for today is to rave about the new doves LP which is cracking after 3 listens I’m hooked. It’s full of great swelling addictive tunes and startling changes of pace, I should rush out to nearest inter web and get a copy it’s almost as good as a kinder surprise.

Are you going to Hammersmith fair?
Anyway after doing some lolling around I head out which where things go pear shaped (or pie shaped in the words of the great Tony Mortimer) as all the over land trains were cancelled from New Cross.They didn’t tell me this when they sold me my Travel pass yesterday. So I get the tube replacement bus to Surrey docks. But this apparently is some sort extended joke at travellers expense because today the Jubilee line wasn’t running. After some swearing pointless but it cheered me up I wander off/

So I’m left at a closed surrey docks (even cocking Tesco was shut) with no hope of meeting people in Hammersmith (reduced trains out of Waterloo half the rest of the tube closed). Sorry for the rant but it’s all hopeless, it makes living in London like living in some forgotten sink estate up on some moor somewhere, at least there you can go down the rec and burn some pallets or train your kestrel it’s pathetic.

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme.....
Parsley

Anyway getting back home Groundhog day is on to mock me, so in order to achieve summat I pot up all the plants I got for My birthday which cheered me up no end particularly as I listened to the Doves again.

Anyway if you got this far you deserve a treat so here’s the Doves and Vic and Bob down the Rec.







3 comments:

al_uk said...

Fantastic..I'd have loved to have seen their faces!!!

I seem to get the ones that start off "Are you worried about all the wars, and the extreme weather and famines we are getting?" Hinting at the prophecies from Revelation.
They seem put off when I reply "No...aren't we in the longest ever period of sustained peace in Western Europe?" I find boredom works....I often bore them to tears so that in the end they are thanking me and trying to walk off.

Russ said...

Sorry to hear about your travel nightmare - we wondered if you'd be watching Groundhog Day when you got back home. If it makes you feel better, Kew was very grey and all the daffodils had gone.

BLTP said...

Thanks Russ it's only a minor frustration really.