Friday 13 March 2009

What’s he got in pocketses...... nowt actually!

AKA: Spring can’t come too soon.

Not for the obvious reasons (gambolling lambs, longer days) but so I can retire my overcoat for the season. The main reason being the left pocket has started to go again, the right one is already an oyster card and phone swallowing cloth tube and now this morning there’s a little gap appearing in the left. They both have the added excitement of a hole further in side in the coats lining so a phone or your house keys can whoosh down and out and for one “thrilling” moment last week almost bounce off a station platform into the path of a speeding train.

I could sew them up but I’ve done that at least twice already and each time the pockets get a little shallower. So if I do it again they will be only just be deep enough to accommodate a bookies’ pencil or a single cafe crème cigarillo (neither of which sadly I have much use for).

So let’s hope it just stays getting warmer so maybe next week I can abandon my coat and then maybe splash out on a new one next winter*.

Yours BLTP’s South London Sartorial Sloth correspondent

*(when as usual the shops will be full of 2010’s bikinis, I’ve never mastered this whole fashion out of sync with the Seasons thing)!

1 comment:

Cocktails said...

You're meant to buy your clothes in advance of the season to, you know, prepare for it. Sadly, I just seem to wear the same clothes all year round these days...