Tuesday 31 March 2009

Lost laughter in the breeze


Weller Evolution
Originally uploaded by bltphoto

The clothes stall on the Leather Market with the inexplicably good taste in music (my witterings passim) was playing "Town Called Malice" as I strolled past in a post prandial reverie (beetroot and chicken salad side order of Dolmares if your asking).
After a bit of thoughtful tooth sucking(well however long it takes to make a 4 floor lift journey and have a bit of light banter about microwaved pasta)

I reckon it's the best song ever by The Jam.*
That's unless you know differently?**


* today that is.
** even my dad said it was good once but I think it was mainly the pun in title he liked, which at the time I didn't get thinking it was just about a hard town like Rotherham or Grimsby.

3 comments:

Cocktails said...

I think you may be right.

Just for this line:
And a hundred lonely housewives clutch empty milk bottles to their hearts
Hanging out their old love letters on the line to dry...

Love it. Also like That's Entertainment.

ally. said...

now that it can't be heard without the billy eliot bit running along with it it most certainly is
x

al_uk said...

Not sure....

Ive a little money and a take away curry,
Im on my way home to my wife.
Shell be lining up the cutlery,
You know shes expecting me
Polishing the glasses and pulling out the cork

and then

They smelt of pubs and wormwood scrubs
And too many right wing meetings
My life swam around me
It took a look and drowned me in its own existence
The smell of brown leather
It blended in with the weather

Down in the tube station for me