Tuesday 3 March 2009

Aces High or Low?

Gallery of the Lost and found: # 11

In all my travelling hither and yon over the last few days I didn’t have to time to tell you about my news, very minor in fact some might say trivial news even but cheery none the less....... I found another playing card for my street pack hurrah!


It’s the Ace of Diamonds: it was just as they all are lying there in the street near my gaff. It’s odd that I rarely find a discarded pack or even say half a pack scattered on the cobbles the most has been about 8-9 together and because you’ve got a have system I usually pick one at random (hoping I’ve not got it). Not sure why I have these rules it just would be cheating to pick up an entire pack all at once!

The card’s from a smaller than average sized pack so if we ever get round to playing a hand of “street canasta” it might be a bit obvious what you’re holding! Anyway only another 40 odd more to find before the big game!

PS. Oh and it’s got a pretty reverse design as well.

2 comments:

Cocktails said...

I don't think I have ever seen a playing card on the street. How are you finding them? How do they even get there? Perhaps you should make a film about them one day.

BLTP said...

I must be a gloomy type starring at the ground all the time! as to a film I just need 2 eights and I can make "dead man's hand"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_man's_hand