Tuesday 8 July 2008

London's Brilliant Parade pt 346


Things you see when you are out

Last few days I’ve seen some wonderful sites .I’m never sure if some they are “knowing” looks or not, in the end I don’t think it matters so here goes:

Helup, Helup it’s the 80’s
Firstly I saw a guy doing Rubik’s cube on the train, he was sat just down from a woman wearing a satin blouson tour jacket for the musical “Chess”. On the train back from town another chap clumps on board wearing a skimpy vest (initially I put “skimpy vet”) and shorts complete with old style side by side roller skates, the head phones added to the whole “wired for sound vibe”. It was all like being in bad Pepsi commercial.

Just now I saw a young woman who had obviously just fallen off Andrew McCarthy’s motorbike in “Mannequin”, she was replete in a bolero jacket, parrot head haircut, a ra ra skirt and big old heels, I half expected to be run over by ZZ Top’s hot rod.


Even older Skool: Helup, Helup it’s the 1950’s
James Robison Justice look a like complete with waist coat with watch chain, wearing a straight forward no nonsense Bowler and carrying a briefcase. I had to check he wasn’t giving out bottles of juice or something, I think he was the real deal.

At lunch just now there was a similarly dressed chap except he had on Alan Whicker sun glasses and had forgotten his bowler and instead had opted for a knotted hanky!

1 comment:

ally. said...

i'm always eagleeyed for a bowler and brolly gent and they're super rare so well done there
x
i'm trying not to think about the others - they make me scared to leave the house
x