Sunday 6 July 2008

July Already

bambola

It's warm on and off , you can buy English strawberries , there's thunder about....... and yes I know summer tunes are cliched but I found this version of a classic on a tape the other day.
It's great because it's great also because it was written by a bunch of pale herbets who had probably never been on an holiday that ever included "long legged lovelies all covered in sand!" It's an intoxicating cocktail with an added twist of Peel at the end.

Here comes the summer By the Undertones (Peel sessions)

4 comments:

Mondo said...

That's quality a Peel session version. I've got several peel session CD's Adam and The Ants and The Undertones two from The Damned- plus some X Ray Spex bits and bobs. Almost all are better than the official record company releases of the time.

BLTP said...

I think this was on a tape that came with the nme "strange fruit" . i think of the orginal Peel sesh ep's I've got Billy Bragg (only recorded version A13-Trunk road to the sea?) New order, weddoes, half man half Biscuit and of Course the Mighty CUD!

Cocktails said...

Is it impossible to refer to Cud without saying 'the mighty Cud'?! You know, despite clearly reading the NME around the same time as you, I don't think I've ever heard anything by them...

ally. said...

cor blimey that's marvelous - do more do more! please.